As a business owner, you know that appearances are a big part of success. You straighten rows of merchandise, dust tables, wipe down counters, and make sure that your employees are dressed and groomed adequately. That’s also a big reason why you invest in a superior floor mat from Ultimate Mats so your floors stay clean and attractive throughout the business day.
But what about the floor mats themselves? How do you go about keep them looking like new? Here are a few suggestions:
- Don’t be regimented about cleaning times. While it’s fine to have a timeframe like “every other day” or “once a week” in mind as a rule of thumb, pay more attention to how soiled or wet your mat becomes and then clean it accordingly. On high-traffic or inclement-weather days, it may become dirtier more quickly, and cleaning it sooner rather than later will help preserve its “like-new” appearance for a longer period of time.
- Shake, wash, and hang. To clean your floor mat quickly, you can just take it outside and give it a few good shakes to clear the surface dirt off of it. Then take a standard hose and spray it down to remove any surface stains from dirt, soil, or salt. Finally, hang it up to dry for an hour or two (or overnight), and your mat will be ready for the next wave of dirty footwear.
- Treat it just like your carpets and floors. Another approach is to simply incorporate your floor mat into your floor cleaning regimen. When you break out the vacuum cleaner (or the extraction cleaning system; those will work well on floor mats, too), just change the setting so that the machine is as close to the ground as possible. You can suck all of the moisture and soils out just like you do in the rest of your floor space.
- Don’t baby it. Ultimate Mats floor mats aren’t only tough, they’re sturdy as well. You don’t have to treat your floor mat like it is a fragile silk blouse when you’re cleaning it. Need to use hot water for tougher stains? No problem. Think you’d be better off by power washing it? That works well also. See a spot or stain that’s not coming out? Grab a spot cleaning solution, even one with chemicals. The fibers are colorfast, so they won’t fade or discolor.
- Use logo mats “as directed.” Ultimate Mats Prestige, Classic Impressions, and SuperScraper Impressions look so crisp and clear, you may be tempted to use it as a marketing tool in other ways. But placing it in a parking lot, one a wall as a banner, or displaying it in another manner might expose some of the edges to things that could shorten its life. So keep it by your front door, and it will look beautiful for years to come.
If you have any questions about how to clean or use your floor mat, the professionals at Ultimate Mats will be happy to answer them for you. If you take care of your mat properly, it will take care of you by looking almost as new as the day you bought it!
Image credits: Ultimate Mats