When you think about it, it’s pretty amazing how many items and machines that were once only found in businesses and offices have now migrated into homes. Take desktop computers, for instance, or “commercial grade” appliances like stoves, ovens, refrigerators, washers, and dryers. Even hobbyists have complex woodworking, automotive, or craftmaking equipment in the same places where they live. The next step in this pattern? Three-dimensional printers.
Against this backdrop, it’s easy to see why more and more homeowners are purchasing anti-fatigue mats. The same health benefits that office, retail, and factory workers receive from anti-fatigue mats can be experienced by people in their homes. Here are eight ways that anti-fatigue mats can make your home life better.
- They make your bathroom safer. First and foremost, anti-fatigue mats are slip-resistant, which helps reduce the possibility of suffering a dangerous household fall in a room where water often gets on the floor. For those who spend a significant amount of time at the vanity each day before work, the added comfort of an anti-fatigue mat will be appreciated.
- They make doing laundry less taxing. Whether it’s placed in front of a washer or dryer or near the clothes-folding table, an anti-fatigue mat is ideal for people who spend time washing, drying, and folding laundry. Since this chore requires a lot of time spent on your feet, why not avoid fatigue while completing it?
- They provide support for master chefs. Many households have someone who loves spending time in the kitchen. Cooking on a stove, chopping up ingredients, and washing dishes can all add up to put stress on the legs and feet, making an anti-fatigue mat a kitchen necessity.
- They help out the grill master. Most outdoor grills are placed on concrete surfaces, which are the roughest on the bodies of people who stand for long periods of time. Since master grillers have to monitor their culinary creations, standing on an anti-fatigue mat can make this much less painful.
- They’re a friend to gearheads, woodworkers, and DIYers. For some people, the garage is their sanctuary. If they’re going to spend hours standing in front of a workbench or over an engine, make sure they reduce the risk of back problems by giving them an anti-fatigue mat.
- They assist “crafty” people. Similarly, more and more adults are returning to crafts like scrapbooking or artwork either as a hobby or a side business. If these endeavors require standing at a raised counter, be sure they reap the benefits that an anti-fatigue mat can provide.
- They’re a lifeline for new parents. Babies constantly need diapers changed, and many can’t be calmed unless they’re being held by a standing parent. Given the additional physical stress that a growing infant can place on a parent’s back, neck, and shoulders, it’s smart to have an anti-fatigue mat in the baby’s room to make feet and legs as comfortable as possible.
Like many other things, anti-fatigue mats aren’t just for businesses anymore. If you could use a little extra support in your home, call Ultimate Mats today to see about getting an anti-fatigue mat for your personal use. Your body will thank you!